Monday, April 4, 2011

My first race ever...and celebrating a strong body again...

I DID IT!!!!!

I just wanted to let you know that the results were posted from my very first 5k! It was for the Stephen L. Pearson Leukemia Foundation.  There were 94 women who ran the 5k, and I came in 32nd. My goal was to run the 5k in 35 minutes, and I ran it in 32 min. 55 seconds! I was never concerned with my place, but my time goal was met...as well as my goal to never stop running. I'm proud of myself simply for doing something that I never thought I could do and celebrating good health again. Not bad for a 34-year-old mother of two who has never done a distance run in her life! Hee hee....

Notice the race's theme that is printed on my race bib: FIGHT FOR LIFE. I thought was was especially meaningful considering why I choose to train to run it.  To all of the ladies out there who are struggling with the same post-Mirena sickness and debilitation that I had (and I know that there are many of you out there) know that, as well as celebrating my recovery, I am running for you and yours.

My next race is the HUGE one. It is the Pat Tillman race on the 16th. There will be THOUSANDS of runners. It is a longer race: a 6.8k. Wish me luck!

Thank you for supporting me through all of this. it means more than you will ever know.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete